Britenae is a trial lawyer with an extensive and diverse litigation practice, which includes:
- Real property disputes
- Contract/breach of contract cases
- Employment litigation
- Construction law
- Commercial and business litigation
- Dispute resolution
- Bank litigation
- State and federal appellate work
Currently, Britenae spends much of her practice handling both employment law and real property disputes.
As an employment lawyer, Britenae counsels clients about various employment issues, including employer-employee agreements, employee claims, investigations, trade secrets and non-competes. When an employment matter reaches the litigation stage, Britenae is a thoughtful and zealous advocate, balancing business concerns with skilled courtroom experience.
In her real property practice, Britenae handles a variety of disputes on behalf of property owners and lienholders. Britenae also works regularly with title companies and their insurers to handle matters ranging from adverse possession to complex lien priority issues and many unusual disputes in between.
Britenae is responsive, engaged, and genuinely enjoys helping individuals and businesses reach their goals, whether it is through litigation or an alternative resolution process. While her favorite days are spent arguing her clients’ cases in court, her practical and creative approach often results in early resolution for her clients.
Britenae values her continuing relationships with clients, many of which she has been working with since she began her practice. She also enjoys creating new client relationships in the greater Puget Sound community.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington Rising Star® list (2008-present)
- Named “Top Female Attorney in Washington,” Seattle Met Magazine (2014)
- Association of Washington Business – Employment Law Webinar Series, “Performance Evaluations, Disciplinary Action & Termination” (2016)
- Puget Sound Business Journal Seminars, “Ten Tips for Avoiding Problems With Employees” (2016)
- Ryan Swanson’s Annual Employment Law Update (2005-present)