He is a frequent speaker at bankruptcy seminars in the Northwest, and is a contributor to various Bar publications, including the Washington State Bar News. Dan has also been listed in Washington Law & Politics' Super Lawyers® magazine and in The Best Lawyers in America.
Honors and Awards
- Named to Washington Super Lawyers® list (2003-present)
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington Governor’s Small Business Improvement Council (1996-2003) - Chair (1999-2000)
- Washington State Bar Association - Executive Committee, Creditor-Debtor Section (1984-1996); Chair (1992-1994)
- King County Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section, Past Chair
- State Bar of California
- Federal Bar Association - Eastern District of Washington, Bankruptcy Section
- Past Chair of Seattle Navy Seafair Committee
Dan joined Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland in 2002. He is a former Navy JAG, and he has been active over the years in Navy-related events around Puget Sound. For 15 years, Dan was a Junior High School public speaking coach, and he is a frequent speaker and master of ceremonies at Bar Association and Trade Group Meetings and Benefits. He is also a poet whose work has been published in various newspapers and magazines. Dan enjoys many activities, including playing tennis, and mountain and desert hiking.